Humboldt State University (HSU) is located in Arcata within Humboldt County, California, USA. It is recognized by US News & World Report as a Top Tier Master's Level University in the west, offering a range of disciplines including Art, Biology, Business Administration, Elementary Education, English, Nursing, Psychology, etc. The University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
HSU has three main academic divisions or "colleges":
- The College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- The College of Professional Studies
- The College of Natural Resources & Sciences
Majors offered include Anthropology, Chemistry, Child Development (Liberal Studies), Communication, Computer Information Systems, Dance Studies (Interdisciplinary), Economics, Environmental Resources Engineering, Ethnic Studies (Interdisciplinary), Fisheries Biology, Forestry & Wildland Resources, French & Francophone Studies, Geography, History, Industrial Technology, Journalism, Mathematics, Music, etc.
Master's Programs are offered in Business Administration (MBA), Counseling, Education, Environment & Community, Environmental Resources Engineering, Fisheries Biology, Geology, International Development Technology, Kinesiology, Literature, Math Modeling, Natural Resources Planning & Interpretation, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, etc.
- Ranked 38th among all public and private master's level institutions in the West, and placed 12th among public master's level institutions in the Western United States (U.S. News & World Report America's Best Colleges 2010).
- It is one of the colleges profiled in The Princeton Review's book, Colleges with a Conscience: 81 Great Schools with Outstanding Community Involvement.
- Named a Best Western College by The Princeton Review (2008).
- Placed in the first tier of Western universities in Saludos Hispanos survey.
* Next: California State University, Fresno Profile