The University of Sunderland is a top leading new university located in Sunderland, North East England. The university was rated as the “ Best New University in England” (The Guardian) as well as the “ Best New University in the UK for Research” (The Times). It is also rated as one of the top 20 universities in the country for student satisfaction, according to The Times.
The University has four academic faculties:
- Faculty of Arts, Design and Media
- Faculty of Applied Sciences
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Society
Ratings and Ranking Profile:
- The Faculty of Business and Law has soared up the Guardian League Tables 2011, with Tourism placed 2nd in the country.
- ranked 87th in 2008, 79th in 2009 and 93rd in 2010 in the Complete University Guide.
- top-rated 'new' university in the North East for overall quality, range and quantity of research, according to the Research Assessment Exercise (RAE 2008). The University was recognised as carrying out 'world leading' research in Computer Science, Media, English, History, Automotive, Art and Design and Tourism.
- rated the 'Best English University for student experience' by the Times Higher Education Supplement in December 2005.
- gained excellence ratings from the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) for teaching in history, biological sciences, pharmacy, physiology, media studies and nursing.
- 62nd out of 117 Leading UK universities in the Guardian University Guide 2010, moving up from 72nd in 2009.
- 49th for Art and Design, 45th for Drama, Dance and Cinematics courses (Times 2009).
- 87th nationally in the Daily Telegraph University Ranking 2007.
- Law at Sunderland was rated as No. 1 in the UK (NSS).
- 71st in the Financial Times University Ranking 2003.
- 84th in The Times Good University Guide 2010 (placed 82nd in 2009).
- ranked in the top 20 of UK universities for its personal development of students in the National Student Satisfaction (NSS) survey.
- 16th in the student satisfaction element of Sunday Times League Table for 2008.
* Suggested Reading: Top New Universities in UK